Directed by Na Hyun-tae (나현태)77min | Release date in South Korea : 2017/11/16
"Dong-dong Village," the largest slum in Cambodia located in the capital of Phnom Penh, is the location of this documentary that speaks of hope. In the slum, children are able to survive today by picking up refuse that others won't, selling vegetables and other things. There are no books, no toys, no study, and no school in their world. There are no dreams.
One day, people came from a place called Korea. These people set up a "school" on this abandoned land that no longer cares for its own, and the school is totally out of place. Hope School is where the Korean Principal Lim Man-ho and the Cambodian school children will meet.
This film is the 8th year of their story.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.